Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Elinor Fuchs Visit To A Small Planet Post #4


Elinor Fuchs Visit To A Small Planet

      I like how Fuchs describes the balance that is necessary for good writing within a play. I thought that she captured this beautifully when she stated the following:
  
  "If too tight a focus on language makes it hard to read plays, too tight a focus on character creates the opposite problem: it makes the reading too easy."
     
   I also think that analyzing the way an author writes something and creates this "world," that she talks about, which allows aspiring writers and fans of literature to think critically on the emotional journey that an author takes us through. I also love the section entitled: "don't forget yourself." I feel that this section really captures how we should critically analyze how we take in literature by posing questions like:

  • What has this world demanded of me?
  • Does it ask me for pity and fear?
  • Does it ask me to reason?

  Overall, I feel that the concepts within this article could be used in a classroom. They would be essential when understanding author's point of view, author's purpose or when understanding  how to replicate what an author produces across different genres (Memoir writing, play-writing etc.)  

    2 comments:

    1. Cool - if you were to use these ideas in the classroom, how would you need to scaffold and organize them?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Cool - if you were to use these ideas in the classroom, how would you need to scaffold and organize them?

      ReplyDelete